Nuaso: 2 discharged, 6 others still hospitalized after alleged military brutality

Social Share

Two of the victims who sustained gunshot wounds as a result of military brutality Nuaso are discharged after receiving treatment at the St. Martin De Porres hospital in Agormanya.

Eight persons were allegedly sustained gunshot wound by the military men who went Electricity Company of Ghana personnel to install prepaid meters at Nuaso in the Lower Manya Krobo municipality on Monday.

Earlier reports have revealed that the ECG with military personnel stormed houses in the Nuaso area to install prepaid meters and subjected residents who refused to accept the meters to beatings.

The community after the incident was subsequently cut off from the power grid.

Read Also: 431 stranded Ghanaians rescued by government in UAE

On Monday evening, eight wounded persons were brought to the St. Martin De Porres hospital.

Relatives of the wounded rushed to the hospital to check up on their welfare.

So far, the St. Martin De Porres hospital has said all the wounded are in stable condition.

The Administrator of the facility, Emmanuel Bosompem, said two persons had been discharged while the remaining six were still receiving treatment.

“This morning, everything is fine. The one who was in a critical condition is doing well, and the other five are better.”

“They were all injuries resulting from gunshot wounds… some were hit in their shoulders and others too, I think it hit their legs,” Mr. Bosompem added.

Minor surgery was performed on the victims and no further referrals will be required, according to the hospital.

x


Social Share

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.