The Member of Parliament for Nhyiaeso Constituency, Dr. Stephen Amoah and others were on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 arrested by the Ghana Police Administration for flouting traffic rules at the Airport by-pass.
This was when the police carried out an operation to check and arrest drivers who were not complying with the road traffic regulations.
During the operation, about seven drivers were arrested for the offences of careless driving, dangerous driving and causing road obstruction among others.
Those who were arrested were; 1. Driver incharge toyota land cruiser v8 with registration number Gn 5532 – 17, Mr. Jospeh Brown
- Driver incharge toyota land cruiser with registration number Gt 7059 – 20, Nhyiaeso MP, Hon Dr. Stephen Amoah
- Driver incharge toyota 4 runner with registration number Ge 303 – 2o, Mr Samuel A. Anim
- Driver incharge toyota land cruiser with registration number Ge 1611 – 17, Emmanuel Kofi Ofori
- Driver incharge toyota highlander 4×4 suv with registration number Ge 14 – 21, Mr. Dimini Atuahene
- Driver incharge toyota land cruiser with registration number Gn 3516 – 18, Mr. Daniel Boateng
- Driver incharge toyota land cruiser with registration number Gt 856 – 20, Thomas Atinga.
Meanwhile, the Police stated that those who were arrested will appear before court today, December 8, 2021.
“The police are very determined to enforce the laws of the country. We call on all to support us in this endeavour,” it added.
A Former Deputy Defence Minister, Major Derek Oduro RTD says he could have handled the Member of Parliament for the Madina Constituency, Francis-Xavier Sosu’s case with the police if it was handed to him.
Lawyer Francis-Xavier Sosu, escaped an arrest on Sunday, October 31, 2021, at the Believers House of Prayer Ministries in Madina.